IT Systems Implementation Specialist
Are you a team-oriented individual who enjoys helping people with their IT problems in a quality-driven, family style working environment?
Are you process oriented, and accurate with great follow through?
Then RCC Business IT (RCC) has the ideal position for an attention to details person just like you!
RCC is an IT, MSP and full service computer repair company. RCC focuses on business IT for mid to large size companies, including 24/7-hour monitoring and emergency IT services. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual that can work efficiently with a technical team in a highly demanding environment on multiple projects. The candidate will be someone who can troubleshoot technology-related problems that might include hardware and software issues, equipment failure and TCP/IP connectivity. Duties may include installation of new software, deployment of new hardware, training of users, troubleshooting hardware/software, troubleshooting networking equipment, wiring, maintaining procedure documents and inventory/asset management. The candidate must have outstanding
communication and prioritization skills and be able to effectively take direction from
• Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot PC hardware and software
• Assist with hardware and software purchases
• Actively seek out and participate in projects to maintain and improve the systems/networks
• On-call for overnights, weekends and holidays on a rotational basis with openness to change
• Troubleshoot TCP/IP, DNS, Routing, VPN, and Firewall issues
• Device Configuration backup and off premise storage
• Install and monitor antivirus software
• Create and maintain technical documentation of Deployments
• Backup and Disaster Recovery Policy, Define and Enforce
• Train new employees/existing staff as directed
• Support other key initiatives as the business dictates
• Microsoft MCSE or Cisco CCNA or equivalent.
• Bachelors Degree from a 4-year university
• Computer Science, Information Science or related technical field
• Strong GPA (3.5 or higher)
Desired Skills & Experience
• Proficient in installing and supporting current versions of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
• Proficient in installing and supporting all Microsoft end user applications; familiar with other
common business and productivity software
• Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
• Manage high-pressure situations professionally, calmly and with urgency
• Ability to work independently and provide progress reports.
• Solid work ethic, initiative and great customer service skills
• Strong analytical skills to troubleshoot technical computer and network problems with own
knowledge, through documentation; know when to escalate to next level support
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to lift 90 lbs.
• 5+ years of experience in network or system administration
• Strong interest in the latest technology and trends
• Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 - Active Directory exposure and experience remotely
managing servers and desktops
• Experience creating and maintaining Active Directory Accounts, Security Groups, and Group
• Knowledge of security technologies such as SSL, VPN and Firewall
• Knowledge of network TCP/IP protocol (understand the difference between TCP and UDP)
• Knowledge of Enterprise Switches (Layer 2/3, VLAN, Management Interfaces)
Extensive Experience Required:
• Active or near completion of Microsoft MCSE, or Cisco CCNA (or similar) IT certification
• Experience with Cisco Security Appliances